Representing Those Who Have Lost A Loved One

Losing a loved one is hard in so many ways. While there is nothing the law can do to bring back your loved one, it can help you cope with some of the effects of that loss.

At the Law Office of Rob Riddle LLC in Prattville, Alabama, our attorney helps people recover compensation for their losses through wrongful death claims.

We know these are sensitive matters and so we treat our clients with compassion as we help them cope with the aftermath of a terrible loss.

What Is A Wrongful Death Claim?

Wrongful death is related to personal injury law, but with some important differences. State and federal law provide that you may be compensated for your damages if your injuries are due to the negligence or wrongful act of another party. For instance, if you were injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you may seek compensation for your damages that resulted from the accident. Your damages may include medical expenses, lost wages and less concrete effects such as your pain and suffering.

A wrongful death claim is meant to compensate survivors for their losses after they lose a family member in a fatal accident. For example, if a man was killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver, the man's spouse and children would be left not only with the emotional trauma of losing him, but also without his income. A wrongful death claim could help them cope with this monetary loss.

Damages in a wrongful death claim can include the loss of the loved one's income and the benefit of the loved one's companionship. While it is uncomfortable for many of us to talk about the loss of a family member in monetary terms, the economic losses you suffer after the death of a loved one are very real. You need compensation to cope with these losses and justice demands that the responsible party should be held liable.

Learn More

If you have lost a loved one in an accident, speak to a trial lawyer with experience in wrongful death litigation. Call our office at 334-523-8135 or contact us by email.